Do you have what it takes to break a Guinness World Record? Yes, we believe so! Together with you, we are going to finalize the WORLD’S LONGEST PEACE PERFORMANCE on the 24th of February 2024. After half a year of weaving, we invite you to join us now on the final line.
Scan the code to enter the project. Write a peace message in the comments, using the following tags: #GWRchallenges #arttengallery #GWR2024 #guinnessworldrecords #unitednations. We will then transfer your message onto a band and weave it into our collaborative artwork, ‘WEave For Peace.’
Tag your friends and family to be part of this incredible journey – they’d like to join!
We recycle textiles. – We engage youth. – We integrate refugees – We weave for peace.
The given project contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production. We have recycled kilometers of old textiles from many homes, and our recycling efforts are recognized as a significant contribution to reducing waste and promoting responsible consumption.
- SDG 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions. Weaving for peace aligns with efforts to promote peace and strong institutions.
- SDG 4: Quality Education. We allow youth to actively design workshops and develop activities. Such experiences contribute to quality education and skills development.
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities. Supporting refugees is an essential step toward reducing inequalities and promoting inclusion.
- SDG 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth. Our initiatives contribute to providing decent work opportunities, particularly through the production of textiles and crafts.
- SDG 3: Good Health and Well-Being. The act of weaving has positive effects on mental and emotional well-being; it aids in coping with the trauma of war, loss, or sickness.